Good ol' spaghetti squash! You can eat it by itself, you can bake it in a casserole or you can top it with your favorite sauce. One of our absolute favorite yeast-free recipes is this one right here. It's deliciously satisfying and so incredibly easy! Not to mention, it tricks your tastebuds into thinking you're eating pasta when you're really not. If you're anything like the rest of us, this recipe will be on repeat!
Yeast Free Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 large jar of marinara (with no sugar added)
- Garlic/Garlic Powder to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake squash face down on a baking sheet for an hour or until tender.
- Brown the ground turkey and add marinara along with garlic, salt, and pepper. (Get creative! Add basil, oregano, etc...). Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven and scrape out in strands with a fork (they should look like noodles).
- Top with marinara meat sauce, sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese (if you wish) and enjoy!
Is spaghetti squash a favorite in your home? Tell us how you prepare it in the comments below.