This is an oldie, but a goodie if you've never tried it. If you love tacos, you're really going to love this simple idea! It's lean and low-cal but packs a flavorful punch that satifies your tastebuds and your tummy.
Yeast Free Taco Wraps
- 1lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- cayenne pepper to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 white or red onion, diced
- 8 oz. black beans, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced
- green onions, chopped
- salsa (sugar and vinegar-free)
- romaine lettuce
- Mix all spices in a small cup and set aside.
- Brown ground beef or turkey in large skillet. Brown meat and drain excess grease.
- Add seasonings, 1/4 C water and 1 T olive oil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using the romaine lettuce leaves as your taco shell, spoon in meat and add your preferred taco toppings (tomato, onion, green onion, avocado, beans, salsa, etc...)
- Top with chopped onion, tomato, avocado, black beans and salsa to your liking. Enjoy!
*Optional: Instead of using your lettuce leaves as taco shells, you can also chop it up, place it in a bowl with all the taco fixings and enjoy a taco salad instead!