All this cool weather has us dreaming up new recipes! This recipe is a delicious, yeast-free spin on tortilla soup and we can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed. 86 the tortilla strips and enjoy!
Yeast-Free Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 C water
- 4 C organic yeast-free chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 C sugar-free, vinegar-free salsa
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 1 C cilantro, chopped
- 2-16 oz. cans black beans
- 1 t cumin
- Shredded cheddar cheese (in moderation)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, bring water and chicken broth to a boil. Once water is boiling, add chicken breasts and cook thoroughly.
- Remove cooked chicken and cool.
- Add tomatoes, onions, salsa, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper to boiling water.
- Shred chicken and add to boiling water. Allow to lightly boil for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl, top with avocados and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!