Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 10/12/2020 to Vitamins and Supplements
As women, it’s a never-ending quest to keep our skin looking healthy and youthful. We try everything we can to stop those fine lines and wrinkles from appearing. Many products on the market consist of harsh chemicals that are not good for your skin. The good news is that there are many lifestyle changes you can make, as well as natural products you can use, that can help protect and nourish your skin. Here are 12 natural skincare tips to help keep your skin clear and glowing.
12 Natural Skincare Tips
1. Use sunscreen. This isn’t just for sunny days. Using sunscreen protects your skin on the cloudy, overcast days, as well. Apply every 2 hours, as well as moisturizing your skin. Our favorite is Elta MD sunscreen because it is broad-spectrum (protecting from both UVA and UVB rays), fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and non-comedogenic.
2. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and incorporate hydrating foods into your diet. Melons, berries and cucumbers are high in water content, which can help also help keep you hydrated.
3. Get Sound Sleep. Sleep is restorative and is beneficial for your skin. Don’t let your busy schedule interrupt your beauty sleep. Try to go to bed at the same time every night to help your body get into a good routine. If you need some help, try melatonin or Dr. Hotze’s Sleep Formula.
4. Never skip your daily routine. Always wash your face and apply moisturizer every morning and night. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer, and can also be used as a make-up remover.
5. Eat Healthy Fats. Increase your intake of healthy fats such as avocados, salmon, walnuts, and flax seeds to help lubricate your skin. Fish oil, olive oil and coconut oil can help hydrate your skin, too.
6. Eliminate Sugar. Sugar ages the skin. It is inflammatory and can cause acne, wrinkles and sagging. Sugar can also damage the skin’s collagen. If you need that sweet taste in your coffee or beverage, then try natural sweeteners such as Stevia and erythritol.
7. Get a natural facial. A facial is rejuvenating to your skin. Find a spa that uses natural ingredients that aren’t harsh on your skin. You can even experiment with natural face masks made of avocados and honey, as well as other natural, nutrient-dense ingredients.
8. Limit alcohol intake and quit smoking. Alcohol causes inflammation and dehydrates your skin, leading to fine lines, and dull, sagging skin. Smoking narrows the blood vessels which in turn reduces blood flow and oxygen to the skin. It damages collagen and elastin causing wrinkles, aging, crow’s feet and psoriasis.
9. Reduce stress. Just as stress can negatively affect your health, it can also affect your skin, especially chronic stress. It can lead to inflammation, acne, eczema, rosacea, premature aging, fine lines, or even a rash. Take steps to de-stress such as meditation or breathing exercises.
10. Improve Gut Health – A healthy gut is important for healthy skin. An inflamed gut caused by poor eating habits, imbalance of good and bad bacteria, or food allergies can lead to skin irritation, eczema, acne, rosacea, and psoriasis.
11. Optimize Thyroid Function - Hypothyroidism decreases circulation which causes your body to send blood to its most vital organs, like the brain. As a result, blood flow to your skin is decreased, resulting in dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and wrinkles.
12. Exercise. It’s important to stay active. Exercise increases the circulation of oxygen and nutrients throughout your body. It helps release toxins through sweat, which helps lead to clearer skin. It also helps to relieve stress.
Supplements for Healthy Skin
There are also certain vitamins, minerals and nutrients you may be deficient in that could be causing skin issues, as well as thinning hair and brittle nails. Dr. Hotze’s Hair, Skin & Nail Formula is a blend of the key vitamins, minerals and nutrients you need to help improve your skin, and restore the thickness of your hair and the strength of your nails. It helps maintain a beautiful complexion and aids in controlling acne, redness, wrinkles and aging.
Collagen Peptides Powder contains three patented forms of collagen that are supported by clinical research and is a uniquely blended formula. It supports healthy skin, hair and nails, as well as joints and bones. You can add it to hot or cold liquids like coffee, tea or shakes.
Vitamin C promotes collagen production, thereby improving skin health.
Do you need help deciding what is the right nutrition for your health needs? If you are struggling with weight loss or desire to improve your gut health, we have a solution. Hotze Vitamins offers Nutritionist Programs to help guide you along your path to health and wellness. Call our Certified Holistic Nutritionists and Vitamin Consultants today at 800-579-6545!