Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 2/24/2022 to Vitamins and Supplements
Staying healthy is top of mind for everyone today. Without your health, you can’t live the life you want. Are you wondering if you are doing all you can to keep your immune system strong? Would you like to age gracefully and have lots of energy while doing so? You’ve no doubt heard the term antioxidants and how good they are for you.
With disease and cancer rates skyrocketing these days, and all the exposure to chemicals in the environment and food supply, it is critical that you keep your cells healthy by detoxing your body on a daily basis with high quality antioxidants. Antioxidants are powerful substances that help protect healthy cells and your body from free radical damage. Here are 3 powerful antioxidants that are crucial for good health.
3 Powerful Antioxidants You Can’t Live Without
• Considered the premier nutrient for increasing cellular gluthathione, since is it a precursor to glutathione (1), a powerful antioxidant
• Readily available to the cells for glutathione production after digestion
• Provides support from many toxic compounds and free radicals while elevating glutathione levels
• May help aid in preventing side effects from chemotherapy and radiation therapy (1)
• Anti-aging effect on the body (1)
• May help prevent cancer (2), oxidative damage, aging process, and heart disease (1)
* Note: Be careful taking this if you have diabetes, as it is capable of inactivating insulin. Do not take if you have cystinuria, a rare genetic condition that leads to the formation of cysteine kidney stones.
• Amino acid that aids in the digestion of fats and supports healthy cholesterol levels (4) in the blood
• Acts as a natural diuretic and detoxifier
• Necessary for the healing of wounds
• May help support the immune, cardiovascular and ocular systems (3)
• Your body only makes small amounts of Taurine, therefore supplementation is recommended
• Ninety percent of all Taurine in the body is in the white blood cells
• These cells use it as a battle shield as they fight off pathogens
• It plays an important role as a basic factor for maintaining cellular integrity in the heart, muscle, retina, and throughout the central nervous system (3)
• May help prevent cardiac arrhythmias, epileptic seizures (3), diabetes (3), oxidative stress (3) macular degeneration, congestive heart failure and blood clots
* Note: L-Taurine should not be taken by those with ulcers as it may increase stomach acid secretion. Additionally, Taurine will lower blood pressure in hypertensives so they should consult with their physicians before taking it.
3. CoQ10 (Ubiquinone)
• Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone, is a powerful antioxidant and is an integral part of the mitochondria, the component in your cells which is responsible for generating the energy required by your body (5)
• Organs such as the heart, liver, kidneys, spleen and pancreas, which require large amounts of energy, need high levels of CoQ10
• Some prescription drugs, such as statin drugs, interfere with CoQ10 production in the liver, which may create a deficiency of CoQ10
• May help promote heart health (5)
• May help lower blood pressure
• May inhibit cholesterol oxidation
• May help periodontal disease
• May enhance immune function (5)
• Essential for the body to turn food into energy and changes starches and sugars into ATP or energy thereby increasing energy
• CoQ10 levels can decline with age
• May help prevent heart disease (5), miscarriages, immune system weakness, fatigue, oxidative stress, mitochondrial burnout in athletes
* Note: CoQ10 should not be taken too late in the day because may make it difficult to fall asleep.
Dr. Hotze’s Antioxidant Blend
Dr. Hotze’s Antioxidant Blend combines these 3 powerful antioxidants, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, L-Taurine, CoQ10, to protect your health.
Antioxidant Blend is only available in the PowerPak and custom My HotzePak. These signature paks include the Antioxidant Bblend in daily vitamin packets with many other essential nutrients, which makes taking vitamins easier than ever. It’s great for busy schedules and traveling. All you have to do grab your vitamin packets, go, and you’re all set for the day! They provide you with the most pure and high-quality nutrients that you need to fuel your body, boost your immune system and live a happy, healthy life.
2. N-Acetylcysteine, a Cancer Chemopreventive Agent, Causes Oxidative Damage to Cellular and Isolated DNA