Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 6/3/2021 to Recipes
Are you looking for a crisp, light salad with veggies and protein? Try our delicious Chicken Salad Over Spring Mix Recipe. It’s easy to make for the whole family!
Chicken Salad Over Spring Mix Recipe
- 3 C boiled chicken breasts
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 C cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 C onion, diced
- 1/4 C Homemade Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 1 t Mild Mustard (recipe follows)
- 1 package organic spring mix
- add organic tomatoes and your favorite vegetables, if desired
- Combine boiled chicken, vegetables, mayonnaise and mustard together in a large serving bowl.
- Season mixture to taste.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for several hours.
- Serve on crisp lettuce leaves.
- Chicken may easily be substituted with tuna, turkey or ham, if desired.
Mild Mustard Recipe
- 2 t dry mustard powder
- 1 C water
- 3 t arrowroot
- 1/4 t turmeric
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t lemon juice
- Combine the dry mustard and water in a saucepan and allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the arrowroot, turmeric, and salt.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring often until it thickens and boils.
- Stir in lemon juice and refrigerate the mustard.
- Makes approx. 1 cup.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 egg 1/2 t minced garlic
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t Mild Mustard
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the egg, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, then blend on low speed while pouring oil into the blender in a fine stream as the mixture emulsifies and thickens.
Serve and enjoy!