Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 11/2/2020 to Recipes
You can't deny that mashed potatoes are usually the best part of Thanksgiving dinner...besides dessert, of course! So rich and creamy, who wouldn't go back for more?
However, since we all know good and well that white potatoes and heavy cream aren't necessarily the most nutritious food you can eat, it's time to find a healthier alternative.
This Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe will trick your tastebuds into believing it's the real deal, without the bloated, tired and sluggish feeling afterwards. We promise you will be pleasantly surprised the first time you whip up this recipe!
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
• 1 organic head of cauliflower
• 4 T olive oil or melted butter
• 2 T Greek yogurt
• Salt, pepper and garlic salt, to taste
• Unsweetened original almond milk (optional)
1. Steam cauliflower until tender (should easily fall apart with a fork).
2. Once tender, add cauliflower, olive oil, Greek yogurt and seasonings into a food processor or high-speed blender.
3. Blend until smooth and creamy. (Add almond milk as needed if too thick.)