We all get that craving from time to time for something a little sweet. This Gluten-Free (and nearly yeast-free) Almond Biscotti recipe is not only a sweet treat, but because of its ingredients, it's healthy, too! The combination of healthy fats from the almonds and pistachios, paired with the antioxidants in the cacao nibs, give you the sweetness you crave, with the dose of healthy your body needs. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Almond Biscotti
- 2 T ghee butter
- 1/4 C Sweet-n-Natural
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1/4 C gluten-free steel cut oats
- 3/4 t aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/2 C raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 C chopped almonds
- 1/4 C chopped pistachios
- 1 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/2 C tapioca flour + 1 T
- 1/4 t xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften ghee butter in microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat softened ghee, Sweet-n-Natural and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and beat until well blended.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine steel cut oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cacao nibs, and nuts.
- Pour egg mixture into dry mixture. Add in almond flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Use your hands to form batter into an oblong shape about 8"x15" in size. Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Slide parchment paper and biscotti off cookie sheet and allow to cool for 10 minutes. While biscotti is cooling, reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees and cut biscotti into 1 inch slices. Then, cut each of those slices in half.
- Line cookie sheet with a fresh sheet of parchment paper, transfer slices onto the baking sheet with the cut sides down and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite yeast or gluten-free recipe you'd love to share on our blog? Email your healthy recipes to [email protected] to have your recipe featured on our website!