Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 2/5/2021 to Recipes
Zucchini bread, zucchini muffins, zucchini lasagna...is there anything that can't be made from zucchini? As if there aren't enough wonderful ways to use this super squash, we're giving you one more: noodles, or rather, zoodles!
Because zucchini is so mild and takes on the taste of just about anything it's cooked with, zoodles are a great substitute for the real thing. Smother them in a sugar-free spaghetti meat sauce, top them off with a little butter, garlic, and pepper, or even eat them raw. Once you learn how to make zoodles, you can get really creative with your dishes.
How to make Zoodles, or Zucchini Noodles:
What you will need:
• 2-3 zucchinis
• Sea salt
• Spiralizer or Julienne peeler
1. Wash zucchini and use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to create your "noodles". (A spiralizer is quicker if you have one.)
2. Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pan. Liquify coconut oil on low-medium heat and then add zucchini noodles.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt and sauté for 3-5 minutes until noodles become tender. Be sure to not cook them too long to avoid them becoming mushy.
4. Serve with sautéed vegetables or a marinara meat sauce and enjoy!