Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 10/19/2020 to Recipes
There's something about the fall season that makes you want to stay in and enjoy a warm, hearty, home-cooked meal. This recipe is as tasty as it is colorful, which means it's loaded with essential nutrients, like vitamins K and C. The perfect combination of sweet and salty will have your family craving healthy vegetables all season long.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 c pecan halves
- 2 T coconut oil, liquefied
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1/2 t sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place squash, Brussels sprouts and pecan halves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and toss to distribute oil evenly.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt, pepper and garlic salt and toss again. Spread vegetables evenly on baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, tossing them every 12 minutes. Sprinkle dried cranberries on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve as a side dish and enjoy!