Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 6/23/2021 to Recipes
Are you looking for a new salad recipe to keep you cool on a hot day? This healthy cucumber salad is not only easy to make, it's also so light and tasty that that it makes for the perfect snack.
Cucumbers have numerous vitamins such as A, C, K, magnesium, calcium, potassium and manganese, to name a few. They are a good source of antioxidants, plus the water in cucumbers helps you to stay hydrated.
Spicy Cucumber Salad Recipe
• 2 cucumbers, chopped finely
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
• 1/4 t crushed red pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 T fresh lime juice
• 1/2 t sea salt
• black pepper, to taste
• 3 T olive oil
• 4 T minced cilantro, or to taste
1. Using a mandoline, slice your cucumbers very thinly and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
3. Whisk in the olive oil and add the cilantro. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Chill for 2 hours then serve.
Now make a cold drink to go along with it! Trying chopping up some fresh fruit, such as lemons, limes, strawberries, or even cucumbers, and infusing them in your water to give it a little flavor. You can also make a fruit spritzer drink. Try our delicious Raspberry Mint Spritzer Recipe.
Now doesn’t that combination sound refreshing? Enjoy!