If you love salmon, but are tired of your traditional salmon recipe, allow this sweet and savory coconut crusted dish to steal your heart all over again. With minimal ingredients and maximum flavor, this Caribbean Coconut Salmon will be a new family favorite! (As an added benefit, it is yeast-free!)
Salmon is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It’s best to buy wild-caught salmon, not farmed. Wild-caught salmon is healthier, as farm-raised salmon tend to have more contaminants.
Yeast-Free Caribbean Coconut Salmon Recipe
- salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- dash of garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dip salmon into egg, coating both sides. Then dip the salmon into the coconut flour mixture.
- Lay salmon flat in glass baking dish and bake on 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crust is slightly browned.
- Enjoy with freshly steamed veggies or on top of a fresh salad.