Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 11/30/2020 to Recipes
The cool weather has everyone ready for some tasty hot soup. This recipe is a delicious, yeast-free spin on tortilla soup and you won't be disappointed!
Yeast-Free Chicken Tortilla Soup
• 4 C water
• 4 C organic yeast-free chicken broth
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 4 tomatoes, diced
• 1 white onion, diced
• 2 C sugar-free, vinegar-free salsa
• 1-2 avocados, diced
• 1 C cilantro, chopped
• 2-16 oz. cans black beans
• 1 t cumin
• Shredded cheddar cheese (in moderation)
• Sea salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
1. In a large stock pot, bring water and chicken broth to a boil. Once water is boiling, add chicken breasts and cook thoroughly.
2. Remove cooked chicken and cool.
3. Add tomatoes, onions, salsa, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper to boiling water.
4. Shred chicken and add to boiling water. Allow to lightly boil for 30 minutes.
5. Serve in a soup bowl, top with avocados and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese.
Enjoy with your family!