If you're looking for a way to liven up breakfast, try this healthy spin on the traditional Egg McMuffin. Using eggs instead of a bun, this yeast-free recipe is packed with lots of protein and nutrients, so it's a great way to start your day!
Yeast-Free Egg McMuffin Breakfast Recipe
2 large eggs
1 large slicing tomato
1 heaping tablespoon of guacamole
Salt and pepper
Ghee or butter
1. Pierce the egg yolks with a fork.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of ghee. (Make sure you've got a tight-fitting lid for this skillet.)
3. When the ghee's shimmering, place two greased biscuit cutters in the pan and pour an egg into each mold.
4. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add 1/4 cup water to the skillet (outside of the egg molds), making sure not to splash the eggs, and cover the pan.
6. Cook the eggs covered for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Assemble the faux-"McMuffin" by sandwiching the tomato and the guacamole in between the two egg rounds.