Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 7/28/2021 to Recipes
Are you a shrimp lover? This recipe is just plain delicious! Combining this healthy shrimp mixture with avocados makes for a very refreshing meal.
Shrimp is packed with protein and many vitamins and minerals. Avocados are a heart-healthy, nutrient dense food that contain healthy fat, fiber, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C and folate, to name a few.
Yeast-Free Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- 1 med. avocado, pitted and halved
- ¼ lb. cooked baby shrimp, rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 small green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered or ground fresh almonds
- 2 tbsp. Homemade Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- ½ tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 med. fresh lemon, cut into wedges
- Cover avocado halves with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients (except the lemon wedges) in a large bowl.
- Uncover avocado halves, fill with shrimp mixture and garnish with lemon wedges.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Mild Mustard (recipe below)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the egg, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in a blender and food processor.
- Blend until smooth, then blend on low speed while pouring oil into blender in a fine stream as mixture emulsifies and thickens.
Mild Mustard Recipe
- 2 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1 cup water
- 3 tsp. arrowroot
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine dry mustard and water in saucepan. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in arrowroot, turmeric and salt.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring often until it thickens and boils.
- Stir in lemon juice and refrigerate.