We all love spaghetti squash! You can eat it by itself, you can bake it in a casserole or you can top it with your favorite sauce. Plus, it is full of healthy vitamins and minerals. It is one of our absolute favorite yeast-free recipes. If you're trying to find a healthy substitute for pasta, then this recipe is for you. Your taste buds will think you're eating pasta when you're really not. It's deliciously satisfying and so incredibly easy! If you're anything like the rest of us, this recipe will be on repeat!
Yeast-Free Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 large jar of marinara (with no sugar added)
- garlic/garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake squash face down on a baking sheet for an hour or until tender.
- Brown the ground turkey and add marinara along with garlic, salt, and pepper. (Get creative! Add basil, oregano, etc...). Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven and scrape out in strands with a fork (they should look like noodles).
- Top with marinara meat sauce, sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese (if you wish).