Posted by Hotze Vitamins on 10/26/2020 to Recipes
From pumpkin pie to pumpkin spiced lattes, everyone loves pumpkin! Combine the rich flavor of pumpkin with the comfort of a warm bowl of soup, and you have the perfect addition to dinner this fall.
It will be just what you and your family need to warm the soul and reset the mind. The healing broth will replace needed trace minerals, and it’s easy on digestion. Pumpkin puree is a valuable antioxidant and will reduce inflammation. The fall spices are also antioxidants and will bring back cherished memories. A slightly sweet flavor will entice the whole family to enjoy this delicious soup.
Yeast-Free Spiced Pumpkin Soup Recipe
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
1 medium yellow onion
2-3 fresh garlic cloves
1 large or 2 small cans organic canned pumpkin puree
6 cups organic broth
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1-2 tablespoons Sweet-N-Natural
1 tablespoon cornstarch or oat flour
¼ cup water
¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk (optional for a creamier soup)
1. Turn heat to medium low on a large pot.
2. Dice onions. Add organic coconut oil and onions to pot. Turn up heat to medium and stir.
3. Mince and stir in garlic cloves. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent and golden.
4. Add canned pumpkin, broth, salt, pepper, Sweet-N-Natural, and pumpkin pie seasoning. Mix well.
5. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Reduce to medium low and simmer 30-45 minutes. The longer it simmers, the better the flavor, up to 1 hour. After cooling a bit, you can add the coconut milk for a creamier soup. For a little bit of crunch, sprinkle 1 tsp crushed walnuts on top of the soup in each bowl before serving.