Posted by Physicians Preference Vitamins on 10/19/2021 to Recipes
For some people, all they need is a cup of coffee or a protein shake to start off their day right. However, if you are like many others, you may want a high-protein, filling breakfast.
This yeast-free turkey sausage breakfast casserole is packed with nutritious eggs, turkey and vegetables. It’s enough to give the whole family a delicious, healthy morning meal. If it is just for yourself, then you can store leftovers in the fridge to provide breakfast for the whole week!
- 1 lb. ground turkey breakfast sausage
- ¾ cup red pepper, diced
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- 1-2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar (or ½ cup dairy-free cheese), plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion and red pepper.
- Break up sausage into small pieces and cook until the vegetables have softened and sausage is no longer pink. Drain any excess grease.
- Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in sausage mixture and mix until totally combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the eggs are set. Let cool slightly before serving.